"Newbie Playground DM Map Contest"

POST TOPICS GENERAL IN NATURE RELATED TO UNREAL
Forum rules
Remember our site rules for decency and language. Do not use racial, gender or other unacceptable undertones.
Master_Unreal

Re: "Newbie Playground Christmas Map Contest"

Post by Master_Unreal »

You can count me in for sure, quick question tho, are you gonna buy the hdd and send to address? how would one get it if they win?
Oldsparky

Re: "Newbie Playground DM Map Contest"

Post by Oldsparky »

I will have the drive in my hands by next week, and I will ship it to the winner.
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Ok cool, got it
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Oldsparky wrote:I will have the drive in my hands by next week, and I will ship it to the winner.
U can send that HD directly to me asap. I'll win this contest with 2 fingers in my nose.
So its a shame this HD will be laying on ur desk for about 2 months.

Ow Tray... i need some help ;)
--= Keep Running =--

Post by TheEyeBallKid »

I need that drive!
anyone knoew where i can get UnrealEdFix4.exe?
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

http://69.90.34.150/unreal/utilities/

Right here in our downloads.
TheEyeBallKid
FOD
FOD

Post by TheEyeBallKid »

awesome! thanks!
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Argh, im having this serious problem, and it seems to be affecting my map only. I can only delete or duplicate something once unless i add it to the map before saving, if try to delete something, nothing happens, if i try to duplicate something, it will do one of two things, if you can point it in a direction(i.e. spotlight) it will duplicate as many times as it needs to before it hits a piece of geometry, if you can't point it, the editor freezes.

It seems to be only affecting my map, its even weirder because when i try it in the 227 editor, i get the same problem, any idea what the problem is?
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Nah, any other map works perfectly in the editor, its just that map that has trouble deleting and duplicating saved objects, its only a big deal when im editing something that i saved and want changed, other than that, it works fine
Master_Unreal

Post by Master_Unreal »

Christmas Day yesterday, i ended up getting money in cards and gift cards up to $110, at best buy, i saw a 1TB hard drive for $99, since other people need to win this contest for that hard drive, i will not be entering the contest, i hope this will give someone else an opportunity to have the 750GB hard drive, because i won't need it.

I did however have a great time with designing the map, but unfortunately, there are a copule holes that ruin the map that i just cannot fix, anything i do will not make them go away

Happy Holidays! :D
wever.nl-(DOG)-
GameServer Admin
GameServer Admin

Post by wever.nl-(DOG)- »

Master_Unreal wrote: I did however have a great time with designing the map, but unfortunately, there are a copule holes that ruin the map that i just cannot fix, anything i do will not make them go away

Happy Holidays! :D
Just put some fences around it...or some line which says: police line - do -not - cross
--= Keep Running =--

Post by Master_Unreal »

Hehe, if i tried to put a do - not - cross line, lol it would be all over the place :P

I suppose your right, BBG, i absolutely Love mapping, but it just makes me wanna turn off the editor when something messes up lol, i did overreact a lil bit to that bsp hole, but im still buying the hard drive. I will continue to participate in the contest :)
Vendirty
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by Vendirty »

I think my map is complete, just need to add final touches and convert to be 225 compatible :]
vendirty-(DOG)-
3dtray-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-
-(DOG)-

Post by 3dtray-(DOG)- »

hmmm beachbumguy is entering a map :?: i give up :D :D :D
Oldsparky

Post by Oldsparky »

Maps Received thus far from:
PsiTrix[MoA]